Croeso i wefan Cyngor Cymuned Cwmllynfell. Os hoffech ddefnyddio'r wefan drwy gyfrwng y Gymraeg ewch at "Cymraeg" yn y golofn ar y chwith neu cliciwch yma
Welcome to the Cwmllynfell Community Council website. We hope that you will find it useful in providing you with information about the Council and the activities and services that are available in the area.
- The next meeting of the Council is on Thursday 18th May 2017 at 6.30pm at Cwmllynfell Hall. The agenda for the meeting will be found on the Library page.
- The East Pit Community Benefit Fund Scheme is now open for applications from groups that provide benefits for people living in the Cwmllynfell and Rhiwfawr wards. Application forms and grant guidelines can be found in the Library pages in the Community Benefit Scheme folder. The deadlines for the next applications are:
Wednesday 31st May 2017
Wednesday 6th September 2017
Wednesday 6th December 2017
The Grant Committee is scheduled to meet on:
Thursday 15th June 2017 - ***please note that this has changed due to the
Thursday 14th September 2017
Thursday 14th December 2017
Please note that only applications that are fully compliant with the guidelines
will be considered.
The deadline for all End of Grant Forms is Thursday 8th March 2018.
Successful grant applicants to date:
|Cwmllynfell Short Mat Bowls Club||£1,585.92||2 regulation mats & 2 yellow jacks|
|Cwmllynfell RFC||£3,995.00||Refurbish the changing area and toilet facilities|
|Cwmllynfell & District Bowls Club||£3,882.00||New mowing machine|
|YGG Cwmllynfell||£14,093.00||External play equipment|
- Please note that the small grant scheme operated by the Community Council has been suspended for one year.
- On the 11th November the community defibrillators were officially launched at both Cwmllynfell Hall and Rhiwfawr Hall. The defibrillators are available for use by members of the public and / or staff in the event of a sudden cardiac arrest.
- Congratulations to all the community members who took advantage of the free training on how to use the defibrillators. If there is sufficient interest in the future the Council will consider running the courses again.
- Please note that Rhiwfawr Park is not closed. Only the clatterbridge is out of order. The Council has held a community consultation to find out what play equipment the community would like. The next stage is to get the ideas designed and costed so that grant applications can be made for the replacement of the existing equipment. The play equipment will not be removed until suitable replacement equipment has been sourced.
- The NEW UnLtd Wales Rural Award, which was launched at the Royal Welsh Show, is now available with up to £5,000 for individuals to apply for who wish to improve life in rural Wales by setting up businesses which address key rural challenges. For more information go to www.unltd.org.uk.
There is a new Disability Advice Project (DAP) – funded to help unemployed carers and those with work limiting conditions to get ready for work. Leaflets are available at Neaudd Cwmllynfell Hall.
- DANSA Limited have started running a shopper bus from Rhiwfawr to Ystradgynlais on Fridays. Passengers need to prebook, and can use their Concessionary Bus Pass. The Service is Door to Door. For more information and bookings telephone 01639 751067. The DANSA website is http://www.dansa.org.uk
With the support of the Community Council and the Millennium Hall Committee the Library in the Cwmllynfell Millennium Hall is now providing a service, run by local volunteers. It will be open on Mondays 10.00a.m-12.00noon and 3.00pm-5.00pm and on Friday afternoons 3.00pm-5.00pm. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer to support the library then please contact Martin Harries at the Millennium Hall. More volunteers will mean more opening times!
If you can't find the information you're looking for in the following pages of this website, then please contact the Clerk:
Ms Sally Richards
PO Box 573, Swansea SA8 9AT