Croeso i wefan Cyngor Cymuned Cwmllynfell. Os hoffech ddefnyddio'r wefan drwy gyfrwng y Gymraeg ewch at "Cymraeg" yn y golofn ar y chwith neu cliciwch yma
Welcome to the Cwmllynfell Community Council website. We hope that you will find it useful in providing you with information about the Council and the activities and services that are available in the area.
- PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS FOR ALL CORRESPONDENCE RELATING TO CWMLLYNFELL COMMUNITY COUNCIL. PLEASE SEND ALL MAIL, INVOICES, QUERIES TO Cwmllynfell Community Council, 26 Ffordd Yr Hebog, Parc Derwen, Coity, Bridgend. CF35 6DH
- There are 2 vacancies for a Community Councillor for the Ward of Cwmllynfell. Please see current notice for further information
- The Council has appointed Sarah Daniel as the new Clerk to the Council.
- The next meeting of the Council is on Thursday 17th May 2018 at Cwmllynfell Hall. The agenda for the me eting will be found on the library.asp page.
- Cwmllynfell Community Council is delighted to announce that the the play park in Rhiwfawr now has the new and exciting play equipment installed.
- The design of the new play equipment was chosen by children who live and play in the village of Rhiwfawr through consultations that were held in February. A total of £21,678 of funding was secured through two successful grant applications to WREN’s FCC Community Action Fund and Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council East Pit Opencast Community Benefit Fund.
- WREN is a not-for-profit business that awards grants for community projects from funds donated by FCC Environment through the Landfill Communities Fund.
- Joe Newby, WREN Grant Manager, said “Good quality recreational facilities, which are accessible to all, are vital for community well-being and this project will ensure that the play area can be enjoyed for years to come. We are delighted to be able to support such a worthwhile project.”
- Celtic Energy established, in conjunction with Neath Port Talbot Council, the East Pit Opencast Community Benefit Fund to support those communities most affected by the East Pit Opencast works.
- The field in Rhiwfawr still remains closed due to the drainage works however it is hoped that these will be completed in the next couple of months. Everyone is reminded that until further notice the field is closed and out of bounds except for authorised personnel. The Council is sorry for the inconvenience this has caused to date and is working with the contractors to get matters resolved as soon as possible.
- The East Pit Community Benefit Fund Scheme is still open for applications from groups that provide benefits for people living in the Cwmllynfell and Rhiwfawr wards. Application forms and grant guidelines can be found in the Library pages in the Community Benefit Scheme folder.
All future applications will now be dealt with at the Council meetings.
Please note that only applications that are fully compliant with the guidelines
will be considered.
The deadline for all End of Grant Forms is Thursday 8th March 2018.
Successful grant applicants to date:
|Cwmllynfell Short Mat Bowls Club||£1,585.92||2 regulation mats & 2 yellow jacks|
|Cwmllynfell RFC||£3,995.00||Refurbish the changing area and toilet facilities|
|Cwmllynfell & District Bowls Club||£3,882.00||New mowing machine|
External play equipment
Cwmllynfell RFC £2,000.00 Repair to external rendering.
- The PACT meeting dates for 2018 are:
Thursday 15th February
Thursday 12th April
Thursday 7th June
Thursday 2nd August
Thursday 25th October
Thursday 6th December
- Please note that the small grant scheme operated by the Community Council has been suspended for one year.
- On the 11th November 2016 the community defibrillators were officially launched at both Cwmllynfell Hall and Rhiwfawr Hall. The defibrillators are available for use by members of the public and / or staff in the event of a sudden cardiac arrest.
- If you would be interested in receiving training in how the defibrillators work then please contact the Clerk.
- DANSA Limited have started running a shopper bus from Rhiwfawr to Ystradgynlais on Fridays. Passengers need to prebook, and can use their Concessionary Bus Pass. The Service is Door to Door. For more information and bookings telephone 01639 751067. The DANSA website is http://www.dansa.org.uk
If you can't find the information you're looking for in the following pages of this website, then please contact the Clerk:
Ms Sarah Daniel
26 Ffordd Yr Hebog, Coity, Bridgend, CF35 6DH